It’s almost the end of the year, so why am I starting something new now? Sometimes, you just know the time is right for a certain thing to manifest, to hold itself out and show you the way.
Today, I welcome you all to the weekly series, Soulful Sundays. I’m not sure if a similar hash tag or concept already exists, but this is my version of it. Can I keep it up week after week? Time will tell.
Sunday has always been a day of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation for the week ahead. In a world where we are constantly plugged in, connected and a click away from each other, it feels necessary to re-connect with someone very important, at least once a week. That person is oneself.
Beginning today, each Sunday I shall aim to disconnect from the world without, unplug from social media, go inward, reflect on the things in my life from the previous week and share it with you all. Some of it will be generic, others may be specific. Here are 5 things I learnt this past week:
- Death comes calling when you least expect it. Losing a loved one (my grandma) is never easy but learning to accept that death is inevitable is a valuable lesson.
- Strife on social media shall always exist. How you choose to respond to it determines your emotional wellness.
- Life can throw you a curve ball, upsetting all your plans. Don’t plan too far ahead. Focus on just the day.
- Relationships with close family members are fragile and need nurturing. Turn off the laptop, put away the phone and listen with all your heart to your children when they speak.
- A cold glass of water works wonders when you are angry. Drink one to calm down and see the difference.
Did you have a soulful Sunday?
Would you care to share your moments of peace with me?