Soulful Sundays : These are the posts I enjoy writing, because they are reflections on the week gone by and the simple lessons that come from grand incidents.
Today, we shall talk about Murphy’s Law. Don’t worry, it won’t be a science lesson.
Life really can strike you when you least expect it. But if there’s one thing I’ve learnt, it is to learn the lesson from something ‘bad’ and make it out to be good for yourself.
Murphy’s Law relies on the principle, ‘Anything that can go wrong will go wrong’. Now there’s probably way too much negativity in that so let’s step back for a second. It also means that too many wrong things seem to happen to us on any given day. And that’s okay. Bad things do seem to land up unannounced at our doorstep. How do we deal with them?
- Working on a particular post was giving me a lot of grief as it wasn’t coming out the way I wanted. I cursed myself, got up, walked away and did something else for a bit. Coming back after a few hours to look at it with fresh eyes really helped!
- My daughter fell sick and I wasn’t able to reach my doctor on the phone. A part of me began to panic, then I reached out to a few friends to check if they could help. Help they did! With phone numbers, suggestions and offers to assist. Oh and my doctor called me back too. So, patience and a clear head help. Most of the time.
- I couldn’t spend a very special day with my husband thanks to his current work schedule. As sad as I felt, I decided to cheer myself up by blogging about it. Oh that worked like a charm! 🙂
- A wonderful meet last Sunday with my blogging group took me right out of the blue feeling I was in and put the smile back on my face. There’s so much to be said for online friends who gel offline too!
- So many friends reached out to check on me after I put up this piece on Friday night. Now, if that doesn’t show Murphy who’s boss, I don’t know what will 🙂
Did you have a soulful Sunday?
Have you been overwhelmed by Murphy’s Law too?
Leave a link in the comments using Comment Luv