“I’VE GOT IT!”
Jayant’s piercing yell as he raced from his bedroom to the living room startled the following, in no particular order: his meditating grandmother, the pet cat who jumped the highest she ever had that week, one sleeping grandfather and Vijaya who was working on a crossword. All of them frowned at him for disturbing the peace that had settled on the Rangarajan household, a peace that inevitably followed a heavy lunch made on Sunday afternoons.
Grandma glared at him and mumbled about having lost her count on the japamala beads. The cat went back to looking annoyed and superior, much like an aggrieved Queen of Hearts and his grandfather slumped back into the curve of the armchair, his mouth opening slightly to emit his signature snore that resembled a run-down tractor. Vijaya was the only one who put down her crossword and flung a cushion at her brother’s head, saying, “You HAVE to stop doing that!” Continue reading “Pick a topic – #FlashFiction”
This Post won a gift voucher for being among the Top 20 Entries for the #SoundofLove contest over at BlogAdda.com 🙂
It was now or never.
The ground looked really far away from where Seth stood, his shoes gripping the edge of the precipice,almost willing him to step back and rethink his decision. He knew everyone was looking at him, some were expecting him to chicken out, while others were hoping he would take the plunge. Literally.
Let’s not disappoint them, said a tiny voice inside his head.
~~~ Continue reading “The Leap- #Flashfiction”
Welcome, everyone, to the Monthly Challenge
at the Moving Quill :
‘FROM 15 TO 50’
- Your post should be a minimum of 15 words and a maximum of 50 words (not including the title). No leeway allowed on this 😉
- Please display my 15 to 50 Challenge badge. Get the code for the badge HERE.
- Include this line in your post: Linking Up with the Fiction Challenge ‘From 15 to 50′
- Use one, two or all three prompts.
- If you use my Photo Prompt, please credit it to this blog.
- Add your blog link/entry to the Linky below OR the Comments Section before the 20th.
- Entry submissions will be considered only till the 20th of each month.
Continue reading “From #15to50: Fiction Link Up- February 2015”